Thursday, September 23, 2010

megamisama

I love ah my goddess :) If you can't tell from my profile pic :). Especially Urd. I would like to cosplay as her one of these days and luckily over at world of elegance they have a few pictures of some of her outfits. I'm not quite daring enough to try her main outfit. (That slit is a bit much for me out the moment) I figure once I can figure out the best way to keep the outfit on I may try.

But now I would like to go with this more conservative outfit.
I figure still recognizable and I have almost everything except for the dress.

In order to figure out how to make this I'm using the stretchy material that I bought the other week. (Ok I may have gone back for more) My idea is that If i go with this fabric then I don't have to worry about darts and zippers and I should still get the same effect.



I had bought a dress for about $20 shipped from china to try and work out the pattern. The only patterns I found were on the internet in chinese. So I figure I can just cut appart the dress and work from there. Of course I tried it on when I got it and it was horribly sized. The hips were to narrow, the waist to big the bust to small. Only the arms fit (yes it was sleeveless).


After sewing the front and back together I end up with a bigger pattern then I expected. And had to pin and fit it. I figure if i make it a bit on the smaller side then it'll just stretch to fit because of the fabric. You can't see where it comes over but I promise you it is there. This really needs the trim to stand out properly.

I also cut out the neck but have yet to attach it to see how this works out. I cut 2 pieces and 1 piece from interfacing to make it stiff. I need to iron and sew them together before attaching to the dress.

One thing I have learned from this is that this material shows every little bulge. I will need to make some sort of lining or under-dress that will hold everything in place. otherwise this almost looks promising. I put 2 darts in the back but I think the way I added them with the serger made them not lie down properly. I also thing I should have measured better because they ended up being a bit lower then I needed them.  But I figure this isn't half bad for the first half of the first attempt. I may try to make a shirt in this fashion next to get time to work with the technique and have something else to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment