Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just a hair or two away!

I finally finished the main portion of the wig. Well I really hope it's the main portion considering how much time I've put into it. And here are some pictures of this last bit of progress :)

You can see that I've basically gone almost all the way to the top. The reason I didn't is because it will be easier to sew the last layer to the elastic if the elastic doesn't already have stitching attached. When I made the last track to attach I made the middle part of it about twice as thick as the previous 3 tracks so that It would adequately cover the mesh cap.


This is a lot of hair :)  You can see how much it poofs. I'm planning on somehow attaching something between the tracks near the middle of the top of the crown so that it sticks out a bit more. I now know I have plenty of hair to cover whatever contraption I manage to rig and sew in.

You can see how straggly the ends are on the left, so I decided trimming them a bit won't be so bad. I figure I will have to cut it down a bit but not sure how much till i get some light curls into it and the contraption.  On the right you can start to see exactly how think it is since I'm only parting a small section and not even making it poof to it's full potential. Below is it after a bit of a trim. Not perfect but a bit neater.
I love how much hair it is and I am excited to try it on but I just have to wait till I sew on the last 2 tracks and the maybe even have to wait till I style it (Or maybe not we'll see)  When I'm not messing with it or taking pictures I leave it in a pony tail with a loose elastic wrapped around once and holding the hair tightly with a tiny claw clip.

I can't wait to see how this comes out all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment