Friday, September 10, 2010

The Hair part 2

So Part 1 has no pictures and was covered already so this is part 2 :)

So after sewing the combs to the wig cap i sized it on my head and sewed little strips of fabric down it so I could tell exactly how large the wig should be. The fabric is a bit stretchy so i can make it bigger to go on my head initially.
You can see the thumb tacks around it to hold it down. Initially I was using pins but then i realized that they got caught up in the hair way too easily and these worked a bit better.
You can see how it sits back from the top of the head because it's a half wig. Can also see the combs I sewed into it. I had to detangle it from the cap since the spokes have a tendency to go through holes.

I started from the bottom and had the idea that I was going to use the glue to tack the track up while I sewed it. That lasted all of half a second since apparently glue doesn't hold instantly and it was making my needle gummy. But you can see this is the first track i sewed on!



And here are more pictures as I went:

I got a bit off center thinking i had to have them line up equidistant from the previous one at all points. But I realized it should work just fine as long as i go straight across and the ends are equidistant. 

So pic of how far I got before sleeping:


I'm hoping I can take care of the rest of this without having to buy more than 1 more pack for the center and 2 for the outer hairline.

No comments:

Post a Comment