Sunday, March 13, 2011

un-tangled

After hours and hours of brushing and at least half a can of Motions Oil sheen my wig is for the most part. Untangled.
Using the oil sheen helped loads and keeping it untangled as I worked bit by bit. I started with small sections and worked my way across. I must have spent at least 5 or 6 hours working on it. I set up my laptop to watch Xena while I worked and that helped me keep track of the time. I also realized after the first 20 minutes that I needed to wear a mask while using so much spray on the wig.
I'm really happy with the results, although I thought more then once of just buying another wig instead of detangling the one I had.

Next I need small curlers to curl the bangs so they poof. After some searching online into how to cut bangs into a with without them, I realized that it is much easier to get the traditional poof in most anime hairstyles but sectioning the backs and curling them separately. Also a tighter curl will drop as opposed to the loose ones I was trying before. I added the yellow ribbon, the entire roll of ribbon was under $2 at walmart, and I used an elastic cut to tie the to pieces of hair together before tying on the ribbon so it wouldn't slip out.

No comments:

Post a Comment