Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ロリータ・fashion

I've decided to start myself on the path of another long (and of course expensive) hobby. This one is actually using quite a few of my previous hobbies like sewing and crafting and crocheting and possibly weaving.

One bored day I was surfing the web and came across a picture of a dress. I then clicked on the dress. And this led me into the fun late night hours of searching for information on the fashion subculture Lolita.
 I figure hey why not give it a try. Of course I won't be buying most of the items offered for sale. It seems like the dresses start at about $80 and just go up from there.



I started by a trip to the second hand shop where I was able to pick up 2 shirts and a dress for $12, non of which fit, so I got to use my scissors! (more about that later)

Next I decided to look at accessories (not the order I should go but when do I ever do things the easy way) I've always wanted to have a parasol but when looking online they cost about $20 or more. So I found a website which has directions on how to adapt an umbrella to be a parasol. I was able to find nice umbrellas for $5 and $6 at Wal-mart. (another post will say how it went)

Speaking of Wal-mart, on my way to the fabric department to buy a zipper I managed to walk past knee high socks on clearance. Apparently these are not sold in the summer in florida but lucky for me they were about $1 per pair. I figure I can wear them as is and if the elastic wears out I can just sew in more.

No comments:

Post a Comment