Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spiraling out of control


One night I was on the internet... which is never good in the middle of the night.. I tend to buy things. Well this time I decided I wanted to buy a larger crochet hook. (This might have something to do with the tiny stitches in the last blanket) So ebay sucked me in with a set of about 10 bamboo crochet hooks for $5.00 shipped. It shipped from Hong Kong and took just under 20 days to arrive. Although after about 15 days I decided I must have a project, something simple since I haven't followed many crochet patterns so I settled on a nice quick baby blanket.

I ordered 5 balls of yarn from MaryMaxim website. 2 in this cream color and 3 in the nice berry blue.







It took about 2 hours to ball 2 of the balls and to start the blanket with the spiral pattern

This pattern works with both colors at the same time so once I used each I don't have to add in any other I just crochet with one till I catch up to the other and then switch.

 You can see how the center spiral starts
This shows the white catching up with the blue. I started using paper clips to hold each color in the right place. But quickly realized i should switch to safety pins because of how easy it was for the clips to either fall out or split the yarn.

The blanket is going fast it consists of about 26 little triangles of a specific pattern. 



1 comment: